Event Starting Date:
The session on Drivers of Sustainability includes four presentations that bring varied perspectives to the topic. The presentation on "Assessing Sustainable Development" discusses how community focused development interventions may address sustainability. It brings experiences from development interventions in Malawi, Bolivia and India. The presentation on "Incentive Design for Results Based Financing – rather art than science?" assesses the extent to which design features aimed at addressing short term barriers may enhance sustainability of climate change mitigation interventions. The presentation on "Sustainability and Relevance of GEF projects in Small Island Developing States" assesses determinants of sustainability in SIDS. "Sustaining Climate Actions – Issues in Verifying Post-Project Impacts in Climate Change Mitigation Projects" discusses constraints related to verification and assesses the extent completed projects are being covered through post project evaluations, offering suggestions on the gaps may be addressed.
Chair: Neeraj Negi
- Neeraj Negi, GEF IEO Drivers of Sustainability
- Trond Norheim, GEF IEO Consultant Sustainability and relevance of GEF projects in Small Island Development States
- Martina Greib, Arepo Consult Incentive Design for Results-based Financing Rather art than Science?
- Ellen Fitzpatrick, Merrimack College & Ileana Resendez, CLAC & Suriya Ansari, Barefoot College Assessing Sustainable Development
- Jindra Cekan and Susan Legro Issues in Verifying Post-Project Impacts in Climate Change Mitigation Projects