The African Evaluation Association (AfrEA) will hold a conference 15-19 November 2021 both virtually and in-person in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The proposed conference theme is “Evaluation that leaves no-one behind: empowering progress towards the Africa we want amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and the other crises and opportunities facing us”.
Eight thematic areas are identified:
- How to address climate change issues
- Addressing inequality
- Evaluation in an emergency – what that is doing to the demand for evaluation:
- demand for rapid evaluations (and doing internally)
- remote methods
- how technology can assist – and dealing with poor technology environment
- need for systems that support rapid methods to feedback into management
- Fake news/nationalism/manipulation/governance
- Emerging technologies for evaluation eg AI, big data/data science, text analytics
- Made in Africa Evaluation/Africa-driven evaluation
- Governance and evaluation systems
- Achieving the Critical Milestones
Founded in 1999, AfrEA brings together evaluation practitioners and commissioners across the African continent.