The GEF IEO is conducting an evaluation of the GEF’s interventions in water security, seeking to both assess GEF projects that address water security and those which do not but may have impacted water security in their project areas. This evaluation will seek to provide evidence against the following initial evaluation questions:
- To what extent have GEF interventions with a significant focus on water security responded to beneficiaries’ (communities, resource users, governments, etc.) needs, policies and priorities relating to freshwater?
- In what ways and using what frameworks and strategies has GEF addressed water security and its four dimensions (sufficient and clean water for human consumption and well-being, livelihoods, ecosystems and protecting against water-related natural disasters)?
- How does GEF’s approach and activities related to water security interact with similar activities and initiatives at the country level?
- How does GEF’s approach and activities related to water security compare to best practices among peer organizations and the larger international water community of practice?
- To what extent have GEF interventions been effective in improving water security within the GEB framework and as co-benefits (or inadvertently decreased water security) and sensitized policy makers to the challenges and opportunities associated with water security?
- How has GEF addressed key cross-cutting themes related to water security, especially stakeholder inclusion and fragility?
- To what extent are GEF outcomes related to water security sustained or continued beyond the end of the implementation period?
Two STCs are being offered:
- Request for Expression of Interest - Water Security - Senior STC
- Request for Expression of Interest - Water Security - Junior STC
Please note the deadline for these opportunities is Jan 24, 2022