Climate-Eval through the Global Environment Facility Evaluation Office (GEFEO) has formerly signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the African Evaluation Association (AfrEA) to work together to build evaluative capacities and help develop the environment strand at the March 2014 AfrEA conference in Yaounde, Cameroon. The agreement was signed at the conference room of the GEFEO conference here in Washington DC between Rob D. van den Berg and Serge Eric Yakeu, Acting President of AfrEA.
The African Evaluation Association is the largest evaluation association in Africa working to build evaluative capacities.
The MoU identifies the following areas for partnership:
- Sharing of information across online platforms such as websites;
- Inviting each other’s events/workshops/webinars/other;
- Encouraging cross posting of relevant discussion threads and/or mailing lists;
- Exchanging key reports and lessons learned;
- Collaborating on studies and research on issues of mutual interest;
- Featuring the other party’s forum during meetings, events and online.
Also present at the signing ceremony at the GEFEO evaluation office in Washington DC were a cross section of the board of AfrEA, the Director of the UNDP Evaluation Office, Indran Naidoo, his deputy,Juha Uitto and other senior staff of the GEFEO office.